Crab and tomato is just one of those perfect pairings.
The addition of semi-dried tomatoes (a useful store-cupboard staple) to the accompanying salad will sweeten up any store-bought tomatoes that might fall a bit short in the flavor department.
For 2 :
- handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp semi-dried tomatoes in olive oil, halved
- 1 tbsp spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- handful of basil leaves, torn
- 1 dressed crab, or tinned white crabmeat
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- juice of ¼ lemon
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 slices of sourdough bread, toasted
- salt and pepper
Combine both fresh and dried tomatoes in a bowl, nicking a little bit of the spring onions and torn basil to mix through, and season to taste. Place the crabmeat in another bowl, and mix in the rest of the spring onions and basil, the hard-boiled eggs, the lemon juice and the mayonnaise. Season to taste again, then pile it on to the toasted sourdough.
Serve with the tomato salad.